Top Social

When the water has run dry, sit and watch for the rising clouds.

Hello, Roomie!

Wednesday, May 31, 2017


Last month marks the beginning of my second year living in this Sharing House and just last week, a colleague of mine decided to live with me and the reason why she gave up her place which literally 30 steps away from our office due to the building is having a major renovation. With all the noise throughout the day and night, her panda eyes is less than a concern compared to the hygiene and security issues with third of the building had been teared open. With that, after leaving my university days for more than 3 years, I'm having a roommate again and I welcome her with arms wide open.

When it comes to transportation, we usually take bus in the morning and went back by UBER or Grab; ride-hailing services. As we both usually take heavy food during the day, we don't cook for dinner though I actually already bought extra plates and mugs for her but it's okay as we do use them during weekends.

I have to say that it's gonna take awhile for me to get used to having someone in my room as I usually hang out at cafe after work while she went straight home.We totally lead different kind of lives and as I already know her as we work together the past year, she's pretty much the same in the office and while at home. She's chilled and relax. It's sort of amazing to me how she's not for lack of a better word, nosy unlike my previous roommates (oh, that exclude a Japanese roommate I once have in first year). No matter how late the time I arrived home, she didn't say anything. Or how I binge-watch drama deep into the night and feeling sleepy throughout the next day. 

All in all, things are rather fine when it comes to us living together. We totally have nothing in common but we sure have love for cute, sushi-looking Big Apple doughnuts. Though it's just our first few weeks, I'm pretty sure it'll be okay for the upcoming months. Maybe even years? 

I'll catch up with you guys next time!



Post Comment
Post a Comment